These babies are AMAZING!! 🤤🌿 Plus they’re gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free to boot!
So what’s in them? Glad you asked. I packed them full of good stuff like lentils, quinoa, hemp seeds, tons of spices and a touch of maple syrup. This is one of my favorite recipes to date!
Because I love you all so much, here’s a sneak peek at the recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown lentils, divided
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, divided
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp psyllium husk powder
- 2 tbsp ground sage
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. In a medium bowl, mix together the psyllium and water. Set aside to thicken.
- Add 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup lentils, hemp, oil, sage, thyme, fennel, salt, syrup, and pepper flakes to a food processor. Process to a smooth paste, about 2 minutes. Stop to scrape down the sides.
- Add the mixture to the bowl, followed by the remaining 1 cup quinoa and 1 cup lentils. Mix well until thoroughly combined. If the mixture feels too sticky, add 1-2 tbsp of chickpea flour. If it’s dry and crumbly, add 1 tbsp of coconut oil or maple syrup. Chill the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Press 1/3 cup of the chilled lentil mixture to a large biscuit cutter the size of an english muffin. Bake the vegan sausage patties for 20 minutes, then flip and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
A Proud Vegan Enthusiast!