Just got in from work or school but can’t bother with spending forever in the kitchen?
You’re going to love these vegan snack ideas. Don’t worry, you won’t need a culinary degree to pull this off. These recipes are aimed to be quick and easy.
You’ve got to try them!
1. The Chickpea Burger
- 1 Green onion
- 1 Red bell pepper
- Black pepper
- Half cup of boiled chickpeas
- Vegan Mayo
- Vegan cheese
- Muffin buns
- Chop up the red bell peppers and onion.
- Then in a bowl add half a cup of chickpeas and a tablespoon of vegan mayo.
- Mash the mix into almost a paste, but you want it to be a little bit chunky, kind of like tuna.
- Now add the bell pepper and onion and sprinkle some black pepper and stir it up.
- Put a few spoonfuls of the chickpea mixture on the muffin buns.
- Now top it with some vegan cheese
- Then in a toaster oven or an oven on broil just bake it for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
2. Vegan Chocolate Mug Cake
- A microwave safe mug
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Non-dairy milk
- Apple sauce
- Cooking oil of choice
- You’re going to add 4 tablespoons of flour, 1 tablespoon of cocoa, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Now stir the ingredients together then add 2 teaspoons of apple sauce, a teaspoon of oil and 4 tablespoons of non-dairy milk.
- Stir it all well to make sure that there’s no flour sticking to the bottom.
- Add in a tablespoon of vegan chocolate chips, which is optional but highly recommended.
- Then you’re going to bake it in the microwave for about 45 seconds to a minute and a half depending on how fudgy you like it.
3. Healthy But Tasty Spinach Dip
- Boiled chickpeas
- Nutritional yeast
- Garlic and onion powder
- Lemon juice or vinegar
- Pita bread, vegetable sticks or nacho chips.
- Get two large handfuls of spinach and chop them into smaller bits.
- In a high speed blender add 3/4 cup of cashews, 3/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of chickpeas, 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic and onion powder, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice or vinegar.
- Now you’re going to blend until the mixture is really smooth.
- In a medium frying pan add a splash of water or oil and sauté the spinach until it gets a bit wilted.
- Add in the creamy dip and stir this until it thickens.
- Keep an eye on it because it thickens very quickly, 3 minutes is good enough.
- Pour the dip into a bowl.
- Now dip and enjoy!
For the dip you could also use regular bread, vegetable sticks or nacho chips. This dip has so many good vitamins and nutrients. It’s the healthy version of the regular spinach dip sold in grocery stores.
A Proud Vegan Enthusiast!